|By PR Newswire||
|March 1, 2010 09:22 AM EST||
EGHAM, England and WESTBOROUGH, Mass., March 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Virtusa Corporation (Nasdaq: VRTU), a global IT services company that offers a broad spectrum of business consulting and outsourcing services, today introduced the Virtusa BPM Test Drive for Needs Assessment, Business Case & ROI from Gartner's Business Process Management (BPM) Summit 2010. This intensive three-week program, focused on BPM education, evaluation of challenges, business case creation, prototype development and technology evaluation and recommendation, establishes a framework for a client's successful BPM engagement.
For many enterprises, BPM has dramatically improved operational efficiency, increased agility and accelerated time-to-market. Despite these proven benefits, many BPM projects fail to deliver on their potential due to a failure to align the organization, clearly articulate goals and address non-technology challenges. Virtusa's BPM Test Drive addresses this issue by anticipating and averting the common pitfalls that prevent organizations from reaping the full value of BPM.
"We have successfully implemented BPM programs for customers in many industries, and we've learned that success is determined during the early stages," said Vinaykumar Mummigatti, vice president and BPM practice leader at Virtusa. "Since we know that BPM is about business transformation, not technology, our BPM Test Drive immediately aligns business and IT stakeholders around a shared vision of BPM, participants' roles, project goals and success criteria. Our BPM Test Drive ensures that our customers are always among the 50 percent of BPM programs that succeed."
Built on Virtusa's proven Understand-Evaluate-Demonstrate framework, the BPM Test Drive eliminates BPM risk by delivering the following:
- Education: Comprehensive BPM training guides the customer through the identification of the essential aspects of BPM project strategy, including training on BPM fundamentals for business and technical team members, goals, business questions, benefits and tasks required to complete a successful implementation.
- Needs Assessment and Business Case: Thorough analysis of key business challenges, priorities and performance metrics inform the development of a detailed business case with cost-benefit analysis and implementation options.
- Prototype: Based on an approved business case, Virtusa completes the Test Drive with the delivery of a proof of concept and customized prototype.
The BPM Test Drive for Needs Assessment, Business Case & ROI is part of a comprehensive suite of BPM offerings that improve customers' core business processes. Virtusa's services encompass business and IT consulting, product development, management and quality assurance. Other Virtusa BPM services include the Virtusa Business Process Competency Center (BPCC) and Virtusa BPM Acceleration Methodology (VBAM), both launched last year.
"This release continues our commitment to helping our clients leverage BPM technologies to achieve positive business results," said Frank Palermo, Senior Vice President, Technical Solutions Group. "By focusing on crucial business and non-technology issues we provide complete end to end services that deliver true value to our customers. Virtusa will continue to offer solutions to help customers extract maximum benefit from BPM."
About Virtusa Corporation's BPM Practice
Virtusa is a leading global IT services firm in the BPM sector with a long history of successfully helping clients transform their new and legacy, manual and semi-automated business processes into change-ready, automated processes, and in building and delivering leading BPM software products. Virtusa's unique "platforming" approach consolidates, rationalizes and modernizes core systems resulting in an efficient, lean IT environment. The Virtusa BPM team has more than eight years of BPM project experience, having successfully executed over 65 professional services engagements worldwide. The Practice is supported by over 500 BPM consultants, of who 95% are Certified BPM Consultants. The Practice has strong partnerships with multiple BPM leaders including Pegasystems, Savvion, Cordys, Tibco and IBM.
About Virtusa Corporation
Virtusa is a global information technology (IT) services company providing IT consulting, technology implementation and application outsourcing services. Using its enhanced global delivery model, innovative platforming approach and industry expertise, Virtusa provides high-value services that enhance clients' business performance, accelerate time-to-market, increase productivity and improve customer service.
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Massachusetts, Virtusa has offices in the United States and the United Kingdom, and global delivery centers in India and Sri Lanka.
To learn more about Virtusa and the Virtusa BPM Test Drive, please visit: www.virtusa.com.
"Virtusa" is a registered trademark of Virtusa Corporation.
About the Gartner BPM Summit 2010
The Gartner BPM Summit 2010 provides organisations with tools and techniques to tackle large BPM programmes as well as first-time BPM projects. Delegates will be able to create their own roadmap to BPM success, identify what it takes to establish critical BPM competencies, governance policies, and formulate an IT strategy for BPM. Additional information is available at www.europe.gartner.com/bpm
Media Contact Liz Shulof Greenough Communications 703-310-6101 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Virtusa Corporation
- Cloud Computing as a Competitive Advantage: Change at the Speed of Business
- Product Review: FICO Blaze Advisor
- Steps for Improving Capacity Management in the Age of Cloud Computing
- Cloud-Friendly BPM: The Power of Hypermedia-Oriented Architecture
- Using Business Process Management and Workflow Automation
- Understanding Business Intelligence and Your Bottom Line
- Cordys to Present at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo
- GT Software and Cordys Partner For SOA Development
- Computer Inventory Software Management
- Best Practices for Business Transaction Management